north-american possums! work fatigue grouses; singaporean; ex-poet and writer; former convent girl; converted, convicted and painfully quiet; bibliophilic; skyscrapers; weather-talk; dining alone on sashimi; your life with Jesus; banging heads with problems; looking from afar; loving my xiongmao; peanuts & anchovies; battlestar galatica; novella dreams and paranoai: holding onto you.


May 2002

June 2002

July 2002

August 2002

September 2002

October 2002

November 2002

December 2002

January 2003

February 2003

March 2003

April 2003

May 2003

July 2003

August 2003

September 2003

October 2003

November 2003

December 2003

January 2004

February 2004

March 2004

April 2004

May 2004

June 2004

July 2004

August 2004

September 2004

October 2004

November 2004

December 2004

January 2005

February 2005

March 2005

April 2005

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

February 2007

September 2007




Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?





Wednesday, December 08, 2004

hmm.. don't really know how to tie up the weeks that have gone by. well, never hurts to do a good ole bullet list when all thinking fails.

1. Date 5th December Sunday
It hit me as the most ironic moment. One moment we were moved by the speaker in church about holiness and purity and the next moment right after that, at the escalator running down from the church doors, people are calling their friends to catch a movie. Now personally, I think movies are not always evil but most of the time, i admit that they do distract us from God. As in 1John2:15,
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
I understand movies to be a part of our culture, our world, the world that is radically different from the spirit and that the words in this verse is meant to be taken literally. That is, if I replace the word "world" for "movies", I believe that I do not stray away from the truth. However, I believe that in regards to the decision of watching a movie or not, one cannot simply impose rules on people or quickly arrive at the conclusion that watching movies is sin. But after such a message, I earnestly wanted to spend some time alone to understand what I have heard, reflect upon my life and earnestly seek the Lord to show me how to go on from here. And not rush to the next movie, the next food joint, the next item on my itinerary and catalogue the sacred into just a "moment" and relegate it into the background noise.
Simply hearing a good sermon does not save one's soul.

2. Date: currently ongoing. commenced on 14th Dec, the day i returned from bkk.
I'm also beginning to plan for my wedding next year. I would tell you the details if you're interested but not on my blog. haha, i think it's too trivial. My friends are more excited about my wedding than I am. I am truly looking forward to spending the rest of my life with hannon. But the in between preparations are so tedious! And planning is never my forte.

3. Date: Today 8th december
I've been attending a slew of church conferences the last week or so. What happened during those conferences? I am still trying to put the pieces together. There are so many thoughts running through my mind. I have also just returned from a prayer meeting with my varsity leader and another friend of mine. Nearly most of my thoughts remain quite foggy, barely an impression that ceaselessly troubles my heart and overwhelms my thinking faculties time and again. Whenever I try to sift through them and seek understanding, whether it be by articulating it to the most unsuspecting victim or in my diary, my purple pen poised above the blank pages in that moment of sudden determination, I will suddenly become awkward. And the words that I speak or write become cliche, its meaning verring left and right, whirling out of control. I wish i can say that there is a method to my madness but sadly I can't. I'm simply confused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

a little pilotfly is a powerful thing
tribolum
quarlo
wired fiction
motel 6
power of the
living God

sheta
cornerstone
bible gateway
ben israel
christian classics
ethereal library

pinky's mum
ramblings
merriam webster
what i cooked last night
Katy's World: Randomly life



krunchypeanuts...once u pop u can't stop...daily trivia with a dose of social responsibility...a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...let's say we try...oh Lord how we try...