north-american possums! work fatigue grouses; singaporean; ex-poet and writer; former convent girl; converted, convicted and painfully quiet; bibliophilic; skyscrapers; weather-talk; dining alone on sashimi; your life with Jesus; banging heads with problems; looking from afar; loving my xiongmao; peanuts & anchovies; battlestar galatica; novella dreams and paranoai: holding onto you.


May 2002

June 2002

July 2002

August 2002

September 2002

October 2002

November 2002

December 2002

January 2003

February 2003

March 2003

April 2003

May 2003

July 2003

August 2003

September 2003

October 2003

November 2003

December 2003

January 2004

February 2004

March 2004

April 2004

May 2004

June 2004

July 2004

August 2004

September 2004

October 2004

November 2004

December 2004

January 2005

February 2005

March 2005

April 2005

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

February 2007

September 2007




Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?





Monday, June 14, 2004

back from slackerdom and now for some updates.

church camp at sentosa scripture union camp site
i was a complete buffon at the games. kept tripping, falling and being a total clutz. my clumsy antics reached a climax when i exclaimed "SHIT!" at the candle that blew out at the umpteenth time. the horrors that come out of my lips haha. when i told my mum about it, she astutely pointed out that the reason for clumsy me is that i've hardly been exercising at all. spot on. after one full day of intensive games, my thighs were aching. every time i climbed the steps to my dorm, my muscles squealed in pain. i did a postmortem with my friends on my unfitness and my 10 minute bath. needed to inject a little craziness into camp life.. but then my team won all the games inspite of me. which puts a totally new spin to what my pastor says: "God can use you, inspite of you, and God can use you because of you". despite their ineffectual, blur team leader (moi), we won all the games and the cheer. whoppee.. and our prize was a bag of cheezios and this amazing konyaku jelly which prompted me to buy a second bag for snacking time..

best moment of the camp: when pastor prayed for me and put an end to my doubts and fears on alot of things. That encounter with God has spurred me on in my spiritual life and really encouraged me during this dry and testing period.

And the most spooky moment in the camp: when pastor said that he had a feeling that some of us in the room won't live to see 30, 40, 50. well that does not bother me as much as it intrigues me. i couldn't help but wanted to retain a mental picture of that moment in time, all of my friend's faces, what they are like now etc. it doesn't bother me coz when death comes, you'll know that most of your life has led you to that point and it doesn't happen suddenly.. well, that's what i think at least. and so, the only scary thing about death is when it happens, and you don't know why the moment has come. then death is sudden and ruthless.


days after church camp
got another camp next week in malacca. i've been learning driving and i think it's fun. hope today i can go out of the circuit and onto the road at last. i had cramps last night but it's going away. i teared again yesterday in front of my church friends. i hope they don't think i'm horribly depressed because truth is that i tear very easily. yes in my younger days, i was a cry baby and now.. hmm.. i say we'll see. i'm really enthusiastically looking forward to my church friend's wedding. she used to watch over me when i first came to church. i can't say that we have been in constant contact over the years but she is a special person to me. Her wedding is a significant event in my life as well coz i think i will be married too about the same time as she did.. she just graduated from NIE and any big plans for me i think will be around that time too..

so other then that, i'm just enjoying slackerdom while it lasts *sob*. i'm reading all of endo's stuff and baking cookies. these sunny days are wonderously long and lazy..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

a little pilotfly is a powerful thing
tribolum
quarlo
wired fiction
motel 6
power of the
living God

sheta
cornerstone
bible gateway
ben israel
christian classics
ethereal library

pinky's mum
ramblings
merriam webster
what i cooked last night
Katy's World: Randomly life



krunchypeanuts...once u pop u can't stop...daily trivia with a dose of social responsibility...a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...let's say we try...oh Lord how we try...