north-american possums! work fatigue grouses; singaporean; ex-poet and writer; former convent girl; converted, convicted and painfully quiet; bibliophilic; skyscrapers; weather-talk; dining alone on sashimi; your life with Jesus; banging heads with problems; looking from afar; loving my xiongmao; peanuts & anchovies; battlestar galatica; novella dreams and paranoai: holding onto you.


May 2002

June 2002

July 2002

August 2002

September 2002

October 2002

November 2002

December 2002

January 2003

February 2003

March 2003

April 2003

May 2003

July 2003

August 2003

September 2003

October 2003

November 2003

December 2003

January 2004

February 2004

March 2004

April 2004

May 2004

June 2004

July 2004

August 2004

September 2004

October 2004

November 2004

December 2004

January 2005

February 2005

March 2005

April 2005

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

February 2007

September 2007




Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?





Monday, October 06, 2003

mum and dad quarrelled over the weekend and today, both are not coming back for dinner. i'm like a housepet that no one wants to feed! sigh. anyway, also hate the way they treat me like the buffer state, demilitarised zone. "demilitarised zone" is a term I have quoted from my pastor. He does have the tendency to use this term quite often. Whenever it's used, the context would be like how as a christian, one can't live in a monastry or a "demilitarised zone". we are in the world but not of it. I do agree with what he says. being a christian has been to me a battle right from the start. the battle against doubt, fear, disillusion, temptation. can't say that i've always managed to pass the enemy lines but God is faithful and He brings me through the darkest moments.

If i'm a demilitarised zone for my parents, it means that i can't take sides. i can't have my own opinions. and worse of all, my mental state would be caught in the cross fire of two very hurt and bitter people and the possibility of me ending up hurt and depressed is there.. staring at me right in the face...

Oh i can come up with more reasons why i should not be buffer state. when i am gone from the house, either married or desiring to start my own life (more likely the former :)), i won't be there to mediate their quarrels. so it's time the babies start learning to pick themselves up and grow up! I tried suggesting to them to visit a councillor they both can trust but each is adament that either the situation is hopeless or that they can handle it themselves. They ironically vascillitate between these two positions...

the God-damned pride! sorry. When will they ever admit that they need help and not turn to their daughter as if she is the spiritual guru of the family? even so, why don't they take my suggestions seriously? hehe. i guess i just have to be contented to pray and persevere in that. there won't be any quick fix here and that irritates my impatient nature. God, i know you're listening but why is it taking so blardy damn long for my father and mother to patch up? i will learn patience and longsuffering but I really really do hope that You are in control of the situation and that i'm not the one who's being a sucker here. Without my babes around, there is no one who i can really turn to. But i think it's a good thing coz i've always known that at the end of the day, it's just going to be You and me. God and me. so, i'm waiting...

Meanwhile, i shall be heading to the neighbourhood food court and get my ban mian.. possibly bubble tea too. guess what, i've been reading the wrong readings for crit theory!! hahaha. yes it's actually the bhaktin one, some essay entitled "epic novel"? yeah so kuku...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

a little pilotfly is a powerful thing
tribolum
quarlo
wired fiction
motel 6
power of the
living God

sheta
cornerstone
bible gateway
ben israel
christian classics
ethereal library

pinky's mum
ramblings
merriam webster
what i cooked last night
Katy's World: Randomly life



krunchypeanuts...once u pop u can't stop...daily trivia with a dose of social responsibility...a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...let's say we try...oh Lord how we try...