north-american possums! work fatigue grouses; singaporean; ex-poet and writer; former convent girl; converted, convicted and painfully quiet; bibliophilic; skyscrapers; weather-talk; dining alone on sashimi; your life with Jesus; banging heads with problems; looking from afar; loving my xiongmao; peanuts & anchovies; battlestar galatica; novella dreams and paranoai: holding onto you.


May 2002

June 2002

July 2002

August 2002

September 2002

October 2002

November 2002

December 2002

January 2003

February 2003

March 2003

April 2003

May 2003

July 2003

August 2003

September 2003

October 2003

November 2003

December 2003

January 2004

February 2004

March 2004

April 2004

May 2004

June 2004

July 2004

August 2004

September 2004

October 2004

November 2004

December 2004

January 2005

February 2005

March 2005

April 2005

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

February 2007

September 2007




Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?





Wednesday, August 20, 2003

ooohh.. now for a quickie dose of blogging. After this i'll be rushing to school for my critical theory class where my brains would do a triple sommersault and end up on its belly. hehe i don't know what that means.

last night my mum and dad had another one of their quarrels. i know that sentence is supposed to sound so blase, like these things happen all the time in my household and i'm immune to it. But i'm not quite immune to such things. How can one ever be numb to the pain of others? I don't really believe in stoicism but sometimes, when one is out of strength, it is a convenient thing to fall back upon. Anyway back to topic of my parents quarrelling. This time they were quarreling about the phone calls my dad has been making to the philippines, about the suspicious additional handphone and no. my dad has been keeping. In other words, my dad is still in contact with the woman he had an affair with.

This woman has a name of course. but i don't want to give her the dignity of saying her name.

I'm sad that my dad doesn't love my mum anymore. Even more sad that my mum has to go through so much pain. But through the whole painful process, i can say that my mum is becoming a better person. As they quarrelled, i prayed for them. but after awhile, when the quarrel showed no signs of abating, i stopped praying because i realised that i had to get on with my own life like for one doing my readings and assignments...

life still goes on. i just do my part in this whole situation. Though i can't see the promised end, my parents reconciling and loving each other again, i at least am comforted by the fact that God is in control of the situation. sorry if this sounds preachy to you but writing this down serves as a faithful reminder to myself. whenever i'm in doubt, worry or sad, i know that i can trust Him for all things.

today i woke up and found my dad's lotions and sprays in the living room laying on the floor. Some pillows and a neatly folded blanket were left on the sofa. my dad is a neat and organised kind of person. somehow, i feel these are the only things he is in control of. He has the tendency to rely solely on his own sense of judgement and rational conclusions about matters. That would be a good balance to my mum's passionate temperaments but sadly, both are in their own extremes..

oopsie. i wonder where all this is leading. gotta go grab lunch and off to school.

from my rambling thoughts to you with love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

a little pilotfly is a powerful thing
tribolum
quarlo
wired fiction
motel 6
power of the
living God

sheta
cornerstone
bible gateway
ben israel
christian classics
ethereal library

pinky's mum
ramblings
merriam webster
what i cooked last night
Katy's World: Randomly life



krunchypeanuts...once u pop u can't stop...daily trivia with a dose of social responsibility...a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...let's say we try...oh Lord how we try...