north-american possums! work fatigue grouses; singaporean; ex-poet and writer; former convent girl; converted, convicted and painfully quiet; bibliophilic; skyscrapers; weather-talk; dining alone on sashimi; your life with Jesus; banging heads with problems; looking from afar; loving my xiongmao; peanuts & anchovies; battlestar galatica; novella dreams and paranoai: holding onto you.


May 2002

June 2002

July 2002

August 2002

September 2002

October 2002

November 2002

December 2002

January 2003

February 2003

March 2003

April 2003

May 2003

July 2003

August 2003

September 2003

October 2003

November 2003

December 2003

January 2004

February 2004

March 2004

April 2004

May 2004

June 2004

July 2004

August 2004

September 2004

October 2004

November 2004

December 2004

January 2005

February 2005

March 2005

April 2005

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

February 2007

September 2007




Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?





Monday, August 25, 2003

another quick dose of blogging. feeling kinda guilty for not uploading my thoughts sooner. Well the guilt i'm feeling is more of the procrastination i've been giving to myself. A good idea surfaces in my thoughts and i would know it would be good material for blogging but procrastination gets the better of me.

So even now, i'm blogging this in the midst of other worries like readings, presentations and other school related stuff. But glad i'm making time for this activity..

where am i going with this post?

good question. nowhere actually. the idea of words and rambling thoughts appearing on the screen, from the source of my unconscious state is rather intriguing. as you can see, i've recently been indoctrinated by Freud from one of my "honors" classes. If anyone thought of derrida when you saw those quotation marks around honors, please spare me!

but back to the concrete world, real events if there is ever such a thing. Sunday i went to church with my family - dad, mum, aunt (and) hannon. it was quite an event as my aunt never goes to church. recently, she had been diagnosed with a particular form of arthritis known in short as AS. (pun, irony, sarcasm not intended). She was expecting the worse before this diagnosis as the doctor told her she might have lupus. What is lupus? It's when a person's immune system goes on overdrive and starts to attack healthy cells. If i'm not wrong, "lupus" means(probably french? not too sure...) for wolf. And one of the symptoms of lupus was that patients had a scarring that looked like a wolf's bite...

Apparently, scarring was not one of the worst symptoms an individual could have. Lupus patients could suffer from organ failure or even go insane. It's treatable but not curable and one would have to be on medication as long as they lived.

So you can see why my aunt got depressed, so depressed that her friend's son came to stay with her for a week to comfort her. My aunt is single. Divorced and her husband attends my church with his wife. He says that they couldn't work out because my aunt had a radical change in sexual orientation. I would rather reserve my judgement on this. firstly, my aunt never admitted it. I've never seen her "girlfriends" before. My family is quite liberal actually, considering my uncle with his guy are integral members of the family. This means that my aunt could bring along her gf to our family meetings without much fuss. (ok that's not a very good point).

anyway, that's all in the past. But things were starting to get a little strained when my aunt met her ex-husband in church. at the end of the service, a pastor prayed for my aunt's illness but he spent more time praying for her depression and state of mind instead. As he prayed and i joined in as well, i could feel God's love being poured out on her. When someone whom you love does something or says something so wonderful, you feel in your guts that you're being loved, a physical sensation courses through you. Could be the endorphins. :) But that's exactly how i felt when i was praying for my aunt too, just multiply that a couple of times.

God is amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

a little pilotfly is a powerful thing
tribolum
quarlo
wired fiction
motel 6
power of the
living God

sheta
cornerstone
bible gateway
ben israel
christian classics
ethereal library

pinky's mum
ramblings
merriam webster
what i cooked last night
Katy's World: Randomly life



krunchypeanuts...once u pop u can't stop...daily trivia with a dose of social responsibility...a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...let's say we try...oh Lord how we try...